Cell phone charger causes small fire at Winfield High School

Local

WINFIELD, Kan. (KSNW) – A small fire forced Winfield High School to be evacuated for a short time Tuesday morning.

School officials said a cell phone charger caught fire in a classroom. A teacher was able to extinguish the fire by using an extinguisher.

Due to the fire, the alarm was activated, and students were evacuated from the school. Custodial staff ventilated the smoke, and students returned to class.

The fire department was contacted. However, they were not dispatched to the school because the fire was small, identified, and quickly isolated according to the district.


Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet. Follow and like us on Facebook and Twitter.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories