HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – A church member caught the moment an earthquake hit the Hutchinson area Sunday.
Josh Redd was recording the church service at Grace Bible Church when the magnitude 4.5 earthquake struck.
In the video, you can hear a short commotion and gasps from the congregation. Once it ends, there is a little bit of laughter.
A pastor at the church says there is no damage to the church, but the shaking did knock over some pictures in his office.
Other people have reported bricks breaking off chimneys and sidewalks cracking.
The earthquake happened near where several others have happened in Reno County.
Kansas began seeing a spike in earthquakes in 2014 that were blamed on wastewater injection wells from oil and gas production.
The number of quakes began tapering off after oil prices dropped and regulations were enacted.
- 34 notices sent to businesses in Sedgwick County believed to be open, sheriff talks enforcement and education
- Hospital parking lot: Showing appreciation with car lights in Hutchinson
- Supermoon: This week’s full moon will be the biggest and brightest of the year
- Residente de California recibe notificación de desalojo
- Spirit to extend suspension of work on Boeing commercial programs at their Wichita, Tulsa, McAlester, and San Antonio sites