HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – A church member caught the moment an earthquake hit the Hutchinson area Sunday.
Josh Redd was recording the church service at Grace Bible Church when the magnitude 4.5 earthquake struck.
In the video, you can hear a short commotion and gasps from the congregation. Once it ends, there is a little bit of laughter.
A pastor at the church says there is no damage to the church, but the shaking did knock over some pictures in his office.
Other people have reported bricks breaking off chimneys and sidewalks cracking.
The earthquake happened near where several others have happened in Reno County.
Kansas began seeing a spike in earthquakes in 2014 that were blamed on wastewater injection wells from oil and gas production.
The number of quakes began tapering off after oil prices dropped and regulations were enacted.
- Over 100K accent tables recalled due to shock hazard
- Homicide investigation underway in Salina as a woman is found dead inside car
- Biden administration to deliver 25M free masks to those in need
- Jetmore man killed in crash
- Newsfeed Now: FDA finds Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine effective and safe; veterinarians say six-legged puppy ‘a miracle’