HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – A church member caught the moment an earthquake hit the Hutchinson area Sunday.
Josh Redd was recording the church service at Grace Bible Church when the magnitude 4.5 earthquake struck.
In the video, you can hear a short commotion and gasps from the congregation. Once it ends, there is a little bit of laughter.
A pastor at the church says there is no damage to the church, but the shaking did knock over some pictures in his office.
Other people have reported bricks breaking off chimneys and sidewalks cracking.
The earthquake happened near where several others have happened in Reno County.
Kansas began seeing a spike in earthquakes in 2014 that were blamed on wastewater injection wells from oil and gas production.
The number of quakes began tapering off after oil prices dropped and regulations were enacted.
- Price’s Pressure Points: Rain, thunder, and some snow ahead
- Ramey scores 26 as Texas rolls past Kansas State, 70-59
- Police find Virginia woman’s purse almost two decades after theft
- Corps closes Missouri River levee break near Rock Port
- Tennessee elementary school raises money to get janitor a car