INDEPENDENCE, Kan. (KSNW) – Officials at a southeast Kansas zoo say a cougar that got out of its enclosure has been recaptured.
The city of Independence on Monday morning announced that a cougar escaped from the Riverside Park and Ralph Mitchell Zoo.
Park officials and law enforcement searched the area. The cougar was located on zoo grounds.
Details on how the cougar escaped have not been released.
- Senior Centers postpone reopening amid growing Covid-19 cases
- Two-time world champion snowboarder Alex Pullin dies in spearfishing accident
- Australian man fights off snake while driving
- Dog makes deliveries to help store keep distancing measures
- Two semis, one carrying baby chicks, involved in crash on U.S. 56 near Conway