WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A crash backed up traffic on southbound I-135 at 9th Street in Wichita around 6:25 a.m. Wednesday.
The Kansas Highway Patrol tells KSN News that a 20-year-old man was critically injured when the vehicle he was driving sideswiped a truck, veered to the right and hit a barrier before careening off of I-135 near the 9th Street exit. The right lane is closed.
Emergency crews used the jaws of life to get the man out of the vehicle. Several witnesses to the crash stopped to help.
- How can I tell the difference between the flu and COVID-19?
- Person with gunshot found at QuikTrip on S. Seneca
- Carole Baskin of ‘Tiger King’ fame sued for defamation
- Watch: Trump says he won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses
- The town of Swastika, NY chooses to keep its name