WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita police responded to a fatal crash at Seneca and Greenfield in southwest Wichita Thursday. The call came in around 8 p.m.
The victim in that crash has been identified as 22-year-old Malik Hayden of Wichita.
Fire and EMS provided life-saving measures, but Hayden died on the scene. A 23-year-old woman was injured and taken to a local hospital, and she remains hospitalized.
Police said their investigation revealed Hayden was traveling north on Seneca, when the vehicle left the roadway, struck a curb, and crashed into a tree.
Hayden was not wearing a seatbelt. The crash is the 12th fatality of 2020 in Wichita.
- Teachman’s Take: Another round of storms tonight into Thursday, some strong
- Local K-State football player prepares to take the field in the spring
- Colby Public Schools issues warning on possible coronavirus exposure
- Spirit AeroSystems to bring back some employees after layoffs, furloughs
- Pandemic impacting on-campus living at WSU