Southwest Wichita duplex a total loss following fire caused by cigarette

Local

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita firefighters battled a duplex fire in the 2600 block of S. Yellowstone Monday afternoon. The call came in shortly after 5 pm.

Crews are able to successfully put out the fire but will be observing it overnight for any potential sparks. The duplex was declared a total loss. Another duplex nearby sustained damage to its siding as a result of this fire.

No injuries were reported. Crews are unsure about the status of a missing dog.

The cause of the fire was a discarded cigarette outside. Damage is estimated at $225,000.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories