Gas leak reported in Derby

Local

DERBY, Kan. (KSNW) – Derby firefighters responded to a gas leak call in the area of Walnut Grove and Mulberry Road. The gas leak call came in shortly before 3 p.m.

According to the Derby Fire Department, a contractor was doing some work and clipped a gas line. Residents and staff at Homestead Senior Residences had been evacuated to the Derby Library as a precaution.

After the gas leak was fixed, residents and staff returned back to the senior center.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories