WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A man has died following an early morning house fire in south Wichita.
The call for a house fire in the 2100 block of South Saint Francis near Clark came into Sedgwick County dispatch at around 8:55 a.m. Sunday morning.
Wichita fire crews on scene say smoke and flames were visible upon arrival. One person was found at the location. They did not appear to suffer from any burns but they were rendered medical aid on the scene. That person died at the scene for unknown reasons.
Sgt. Scott Moon of the Wichita Police Department says the cause is being investigated and that he “didn’t see any signs of foul play” and says it looks to him like a “home accident.”
The victim of the fire has yet to be identified.
- Judge dismisses criminal counts in Missouri duck boat deaths
- Kansas snow days good for the soul, but the pandemic means fewer of them even after 2020
- Chiefs keep things fun with Mahomes’ playground plays
- In seismic shift, Warner Bros. to stream all 2021 films
- A pandemic, exhaustion and threats: Why dozens of Kansas public health officials are quitting