Disabled veteran and his wife rescued when a fire breaks out in Andover

Local

ANDOVER, Kan. (KSNW) – The Andover Fire Department rescued a disabled veteran and his wife when a fire broke out Sunday night.

It happened in the 1500 block of N. Andover Road. Crews arrived to find smoke coming from an open door.

A lieutenant saw a woman trapped inside the living room, entered, and carried her outside. While removing her, he learned that her husband, a disabled veteran, was trapped in their bedroom, unable to escape. He found the disabled man in the bedroom and carried him to the front yard. Another crew rescued a dog from inside.

The fire department said an occupant of the home was taken to the hospital.

Crews extinguished the fire near the stove in the kitchen.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories