WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Public Schools Board of Education met Monday evening and voted 5-2 for students to return to classrooms. Elementary onsite students will return to class on January 13, PreK onsite students returning to class on January 14, and middle and high school onsite students returning to the blended onsite model on January 25 when the second semester begins.
Prior to Monday evening’s meeting, USD 259 superintendent Dr. Alicia Thompson said the district was eager to see students return to school as quickly as is safely possible.
For more information on Wichita Public Schools, click here.
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Breezy wrap up to the weekend
- Watch AFC Divisional Playoff: Baltimore Ravens at Buffalo Bills
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Crews battle house fire in east Wichita