WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Due to messy conditions on the roads, the Emergency Accident Reporting Plan is now in effect for Wichita, Derby, Goddard and Sedgwick County.
Dispatch says they are working numerous accidents, and first responders are very busy.
Motorists using the emergency reporting plan must remember to exchange relevant information including name, address, phone numbers, insurance carrier, policy number, vehicle tag and descriptions as well as vehicle identification numbers if available. They should also describe the damage. Motorists must provide key information regardless of fault.
Involved motorists may:
- Visit a neighborhood sub-station to report the accident. Sub-stations are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week.
- Pickup a report form at a Wichita QuikTrip. The motorist must complete the form and submit it to a sub-station during regular business hours.
- Visit www.wichita.gov and click on the Police link under City Office, then open the “Make an on-line traffic accident report” link. Motorists must complete the form and a case number will be emailed back within 48 hrs.
RELATED LINK | Wichita.gov’s EARP information page
- Tennessee woman partially paralyzed after rare reaction to COVID vaccine walks again
- Los fans disfrutan el primer partido del Wind Surge en el Estadio Riverfront
- Positive Connections: Friends University student sings national anthem at Royals game
- Why have ransomware attacks increased and the FBI’s ‘unprecedented’ step to prevent them
- Migrant children held in mass shelters with little oversight