ELLSWORTH COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – A woman from Ellsworth died after her vehicle crashed and rolled south of Wilson around 6:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Janice Perkins, 63, was driving north on 105 Road, about 8.5 miles south of Wilson.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says Perkins’s Jeep went off the road at Avenue M for an unknown reason. Troopers say she overcorrected and the vehicle slid sideways into a ditch and rolled.
Perkins was ejected. She died at the scene.
Troopers say she was not wearing a seat belt.
- NAS Pensacola opens after securing safety from bomb threat
- Demand Justice group buys Amy Coney Barrett’s domain name, site redirects to criticism of her record
- Texas woman says she was fired by Whataburger for wearing a Black Lives Matter mask
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson: Joe Biden is ‘the best choice to lead our country’
- NFL legend Joe Montana stops home intruder who tried to kidnap his grandchild