WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A man is dead after a railroad accident in north Wichita on Tuesday evening.
Emergency crews responded to a report of a man trapped under a train in the 2600 block of North New York Street just after 6 p.m.
Police say 46-year-old Steven Seidl of McPherson and some other employees were moving train cars at the Union Pacific facility. Seidl died at the scene.
“The male was working with a crew moving train cars for loading when he was unfortunately struck and fatally injured,” said officer Charley Davidson, Wichita Police Department.
- Thursday night prep scores
- Richard Sherman’s journey from released by Seahawks to Super Bowl-bound with 49ers
- Woman who got her life back after tragic accident loses prized possession
- New details released in death of Wichita man last summer
- Coronavirus: Possible U.S. cases being closely monitored in Texas and California