WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A man is dead after a railroad accident in north Wichita on Tuesday evening.
Emergency crews responded to a report of a man trapped under a train in the 2600 block of North New York Street just after 6 p.m.
Police say 46-year-old Steven Seidl of McPherson and some other employees were moving train cars at the Union Pacific facility. Seidl died at the scene.
“The male was working with a crew moving train cars for loading when he was unfortunately struck and fatally injured,” said officer Charley Davidson, Wichita Police Department.
- Boyfriend charged with murder in fatal Kansas City beating
- ACLU: Merriam panhandling ordinance is unconstitutional
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: More sunshine tomorrow then rain and snow in the forecast
- Fourth stimulus check: Nonprofit sees additional payments as vital
- Prolonged travel ban is ‘discrimination’ against border communities, South Texas leaders say