WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A man is dead after a railroad accident in north Wichita on Tuesday evening.
Emergency crews responded to a report of a man trapped under a train in the 2600 block of North New York Street just after 6 p.m.
Police say 46-year-old Steven Seidl of McPherson and some other employees were moving train cars at the Union Pacific facility. Seidl died at the scene.
“The male was working with a crew moving train cars for loading when he was unfortunately struck and fatally injured,” said officer Charley Davidson, Wichita Police Department.
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Temperature importance when it comes to rain/snow, winter storm update
- Stimulus checks? Here’s a breakdown of what’s in the $908 billion bipartisan economic plan
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- Etienne leads Wichita St. past Oral Roberts 85-80
- Kansas City metro parents fighting back on KSHSAA’s ban of fans from middle and high school winter sports