WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – McConnell Air Force Base closed the entry and exit gates for a short time Tuesday due to a security incident. It happened around 6 a.m.
The base said a juvenile with no affiliation with the Department of Defense was apprehended after refusing to stop at the gate.
The base said security measures in place stopped the vehicle which was stolen. The juvenile fled on foot from the scene and was apprehended shortly thereafter for questioning.
The base has reopened most gates. During the incident, everyone on base was told to stay indoors.
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- “We will pick them up from their homes”: League of Women Voters push to get residents out the door to vote
- Taylor’s Forecast: Feeling like Fall for Halloween, cooler tomorrow
- Non-profit organization working to open affordable daycare in downtown Wichita