WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The family of George Kirksey is in mourning after their loved one was killed in a shooting at a downtown Wichita hotel. Family and friends held a vigil Friday night to remember him.
“I love my brother,” said Brianna Kirksey, George’s sister. “Always and forever.”
A brother, son and father of three, the family said he was loved by all.
“George really never met a stranger. He could get along with any and everybody,” said Shawn Kirksey, George’s brother.
Police say Kirksey and Alicia Roman were gunned down inside their room at the Hotel at Waterwalk Thursday morning. He was murdered on his daughter’s birthday.
“It makes me angry,” said Brianna. “My niece will have to remember this for the rest of her life.”
The family said it’s been hard as they struggle to make sense of it all. Friends and family held a candlelight vigil Friday night to remember him.
“To have that support, see that support it does make it easier it does help,” said Brianna.
“It just reaffirms what we already know is that he was loved,” said Shawn.
“He’s always going to be with me. Nobody can take my memories away,” said Brianna.
- No more ‘ladies in waiting’ for Queen Consort Camilla
- The best deals on affordable tech from Apple to Samsung for everyone on your list
- The best products we’ve tested and loved on sale now for Cyber Monday
- These 100+ Cyber Monday deals have something for everyone on your shopping list
- 50 best Cyber Monday deals on Amazon today and counting