Family safely evacuates Derby home after garage fire

Local
derby house fire 040818_1523204623395.jpg.jpg

A family safely evacuated their home in Derby after a fire started in their garage early Sunday morning.

The fire was at a home in the 1200 block of Hamilton Circle. It happened around 2:00 in the morning. 

According to Derby Deputy Fire Chief Bill Pater, the fire started on a work bench in the garage. Authorities are looking into how the fire started.

Pater said two adults and one child safely evacuated the home before fire crews arrived on scene. No one was injured. 

Once crews arrived, they quickly knocked the fire out in the garage.

Red Cross is assisting the family with any additional needs in the meantime. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories