PRATT, Kan. (KSNW) – A crash involving a semi and pickup truck closed U.S. 54 for several hours Tuesday morning about 1.5 miles west of Pratt.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, a Chevy Silverado 1500 was eastbound on U.S. 54 just after 7 a.m. when it veered into the ditch and attempted to turn back onto the road. The Silverado lost control and began to slide broadside into westbound traffic and was struck by a semi.
The driver of Silverado, 61-year-old Carla Ann Woods of Haviland, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the semi, 32-year-old Felix Moreno-Mateo of Wichita, was not seriously injured.
Both drivers were wearing their seat belts according to the patrol.
- Wichita Mayor receives concerns from business owners who say some customers won’t wear masks
- As personal pool sales skyrocket, experts warn about swimming pool dangers
- 7 months after Kansas man dies in crash, widow gives birth to their baby boy
- Kansas sees 240,000 mail-in ballot requests, more than ever before
- Mexican national sentenced to federal prison for crash that killed seven