WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A warning tonight for Kansas veterans. The Federal Communications Commission says a new scam is targeting your benefits.
Scammers are calling veterans claiming to be from ‘Veterans Services’ and offer benefits.
The FCC says the caller asks for social security numbers, birth dates, and bank account information. They use that info to steal money from veterans.
The FCC says if you get this call, you should hang up immediately.
- As pandemic continues, Ascension Via Christi focusing on mental health of its staff
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- Shockers Stampede Past Dixie State Saturday, 15-3
- Wichita woman organizes pop-up shop to provide free clothes to people in need
- McGuirl scores 17 as K-State holds off Iowa State 61-56