Improper ash disposal cause of fire at west Wichita home

Local

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Improper ash disposal from a fireplace caused a fire in a west Wichita home.

The fire broke out around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday near Maple and Socora.

The Wichita Fire Department arrived to find fire coming from the roof of the home. Fire crews pulled the ceilings inside the home to reach the fire in the attic.

One person was inside at the time of the fire and was able to escape.

The fire caused $170,000 in damage to the contents and structure of the home.

The American Red Cross is assisting two people who lived there. No firefighters were injured battling the blaze.

LATEST STORIES:

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories