Wichita fire crews responded to a fire in a home in west Wichita Sunday afternoon.
Authorities say a fire broke out in the basement of a home in the 9400 block of W. Britton St. around noon Sunday.
When fire crews arrived, they found smoke showing from the basement.
Fire crews were able to knock down the fire.
One person was evaluated by EMS on the scene for smoke inhalation.
Authorities said an accidental electrical appliance failure caused the fire, but did not say what appliance it was. KSN will bring you updates as more information becomes available.