Cause of southwest Wichita house fire appears to be electrical

Local

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Fire Department responded to a house fire Monday in the 2300 block of S. Leecrest St. It happened around 9 a.m.

When crews arrived, they found fire visible from the home. They were able to get the flames under control quickly.

The cause of the fire appears to electrical, and it started in the basement.

“The basement always creates challenges, getting down the stairs and getting lines worked around corners. It does take a team effort to get that in place. The guys did an outstanding job of getting that line in place and putting out the fire quickly,” said Capt. Randy Scott, Wichita Fire Department.

The residents of the home escaped without injuries. Damage to the contents is estimated at $15,000.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories