Fire damages Hutchinson home, spreads from neighbor’s burn barrell

Local
hutch-fire-2_344952

HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – A grass fire in Hutchinson Friday caused damage to a home, fire officials say. The fire occurred in the 900 block of N. Wilshire around 3:30 p.m.

Hutchinson Fire Department Battalion Chief Rex Albright said in a news release prior to the first units arriving on the scene, reports came in that a home was threatened as a result of a grass fire. Albright said crews were able to quickly extinguish the grass fire and the exposed exterior of the home.

Damage to the home was estimated at $15,000, Albright said.

The cause of the fire was due to a neighbor burning material in a burn barrel. Due to dry, windy conditions and a Red Flag burn warning, the fire spread quickly, said Albright.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories