Fire department: Portable heaters need to be plugged into outlets

Local

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Officials said a fire last week Wednesday was caused by an overloaded outlet.

The fire sent two people to the hospital. It broke out around 11 a.m. in the 1500 block of South Market. When Wichita fire crews arrived, they found two people outside the home.

“Several extension cords were plugged into a series of three power strips, which was connected to a portable space heater,” said Lt. Jose Ocadiz, Wichita Fire Department. “Portable heaters need to be plugged directly into outlets.”

Both victims were treated and released.


Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet. Follow and like us on Facebook and Twitter.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories