WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – As temperatures get lower, many may be tempted to turn on the heat.
But before you do, check and change the filters in your furnace.
If you will be using the fireplace, check the chimney.
Never plug space heaters into extension cords. Use wall sockets.
“An older electrical system may actually lead to over heating of the conductors of the wires,” said Stu Bevis, Wichita Fire Deparment. “In an attic space, we actually have combustible installation that may have that may catch fire.”
When using space heaters, turn them off when you leave that room but especially when you leave your house.
- What are the most popular smart home devices?
- Brittany Matthews shares photos celebrating Mahomes’ first Father’s Day with daughter Sterling Skye
- Downside of ditching masks: Return of winter-like viruses, especially in kids
- Wichita police provide update on Saturday’s officer-involved shooting, officer’s condition
- Here’s what you need to know about the app that’s turning everyone into a cartoon character