WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A fire broke damaged a home early Tuesday morning. It happened around 3 near Sycamore and Maple.
A passerby noticed the fire and called 911. When firefighters arrived, they found smoke and flames coming from a two-story home.
The fire was contained to the second floor.
Wichita Fire Department Captain Ted Bush said fire crews had to not only battle the flames but “excessive storage” on the second floor.
The house is vacant, and no one was inside at the time of the fire.
The intersection of Maple and Sycamore was closed for a time. The cause remains under investigation.
- Wichita Open moves forward in 31st year
- Sheriff in Texas receives poison ricin from woman who sent it to President Trump
- Veteran Salute: Ret. MSgt. proud of her maintenance badge
- Victims of stolen car speak after Wednesday’s trooper pursuit in south Wichita
- Perez, Cordero power Royals to 12-3 rout of contending Cards