(NBC News) – Frito-Lay is recalling select jalapeño-flavored potato chips because their seasoning could be contaminated with salmonella.
The voluntary recall involves all sizes of jalapeño flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked Potato Chips and jalapeño flavored Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked Potato Chips with a “guaranteed fresh” date of July 4 or before. Some multipacks with a use by date of June 20 or before are included as well.
No other flavors of Lay’s Kettle Cooked or Miss Vickie’s potato chips fall under the recall.
To get reimbursed, consumers who purchased the recalled chips can visit jalapenochiprecall.com.
Consumers can contact Frito-Lay Consumer Relations at 866-272-9393 for additional information from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.The specific recalled product information is listed below:
- All sizes of the following two products that have a “guaranteed fresh” date of JUL 4 or prior printed on the front upper panel of the package:
- Jalapeño Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked potato chips
- Jalapeño Flavored Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked potato chips
- All of the following multipack offerings that have a “use by” date of JUN 20 or prior printed on the multipack package. In addition, a “guaranteed fresh” date of JUL 4 or prior is printed on the front upper panel of the individual recalled product packages inside each multipack offering. Any other products or flavors contained in these multipacks are not being recalled.
- 12 count Lay’s Kettle Cooked Multipack Sack
- 20 count Frito-Lay Bold Mix Sack
- 30 count Miss Vickie’s Multipack Tray
- 30 count Lay’s Kettle Cooked Multipack Tray
- 32 count Miss Vickie’s Multipack Box