GARDEN CITY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Finney County Sheriff’s Office said an employee at the Tyson plant was killed early Monday.
Deputies responded to the plant for a man not breathing. EMS transported the man, identified as 30-year-old Kendrick Gregory of Garden City, to the hospital where he died.
The Finney County Sheriff’s Office said their initial investigation showed that Gregory was doing maintenance on the harvest assembly line when he was pulled up by harness against a takeaway belt. Another co-worker was able to cut him free.
The sheriff’s office said the investigation is continuing.
- INTRUST Bank arena staff packages $3-million in PPE for local business received through CARES Act
- Teachman’s Take: Cold front brings a cooler change, summer temps to return next week
- USD 259 has multiple security features in place to protect virtual students
- Patrick Mahomes shares his excitement about fatherhood
- 800-mile electric transmission line will break ground in Ford County – bringing thousands of jobs to Kansas