LYONS, Kan. (KSNW) – The woman, who is the girlfriend of a Kansas man who fatally shot his father, wounded two Kansas law enforcement officers, then took his own life, entered a no contest plea to aggravated child endangerment.
Erin Baker also pleaded no contest Friday to obstruction of law enforcement.
Investigators say Baker put her 7 year old in danger by continuing a relationship with David Madden, despite knowing he was a convicted felon with a gun.
Baker was in a relationship with David Madden, 37. They say she and her 7-year-old child were with Madden when he shot Rice County Undersheriff Chad Murphy four times on April 29, 2019 near Sterling.
Baker was still with Madden when he went to his father’s home southeast of Raymond and fatally shot his father, Thomas Madden. Then, it is believed she left the scene.
A charge of interference with law enforcement was dropped. She’s expected to receive probation when she’s sentenced Dec. 18.
- Korn Ferry Tour golfers prepare for heat, record-breaking crowds ahead of Wichita Open
- Beating the heat: Wichitans brave high temps
- As the temperature rises, so does crime
- Veteran Salute: Navy Corpsman says his job was to keep them alive
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Triple digit heat ahead of yearly average, hottest still to come Thursday