WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – An event aimed to help eliminate gun violence in Wichita was held Saturday at C.H.D Boxing Club located in northeast Wichita.
“Come out and box, let your energy out that way,” said Senator Oletha Faust-Goudeau.
Many different Wichitans came together to show their support for the cause– including the Wichita Police Department.
Faust-Goudeau says events like ‘Gloves over Guns’ can be a great opportunity for children in the community.
“Something like this is important,” Said Faust Goudeau. “It keeps them out of gang activity. It keeps them knowing that adults care about them. It gives them a way to stay healthy, exercise.”
Officials say the participants were able to enjoy food, toys, as well as, have a great time boxing.
People in attendance were also provided with the opportunity to register to vote.
- Royals rally behind stout bullpen to beat Cardinals, 4-1
- Campus varsity football team to miss two games, fans remain hopeful for remainder of season
- Next Steps For The SCOTUS
- KBI: Death investigation in Iola surrounding 34-year-old man
- Michael Jordan, Hamlin partner on NASCAR team for Wallace