WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Fire Department battled a grass fire on the canal route at 21st Street near southbound I-135 on Sunday.
Fire crews reported the near the canal route just after 3 p.m. Officials tell KSN the fire was creating heavy smoke and impairing vision for some drivers.
Drivers were urged to be cautious while driving in the area and pay attention to other vehicles.
Fire crews worked along the interstate corridor to control the grass fire. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Wichitans come out with wallets, masks for Small Business Saturday
- TCU runs roughshod over winless Kansas in 59-23 victory
- Mayers game-ending FG gives Baylor 32-31 win over K-State
- K-State’s men’s basketball game with Butler postponed
- High School Football: Hanover claims seventh state title vs. St. Francis, November 28, 2020