WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Great Bend couple is dead after a plane crash in New Mexico.
Richard Schenk and Anne Schenk died Sunday around 8:45 a.m.
Officials say Schenk was an experienced commercial rated pilot. He was chief executive officer of Community Bank of the Midwest in Great Bend.
Lt. Mike Woolley of Angel Fire Fire Department says the plane clipped the building of a restaurant and went down in a field.
Fire officials say there were high winds at the time. The NTSB and FAA are investigating the crash.
- 3 people die, 2 hurt in overnight Kansas City shootings
- ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing’ hymn ignites hope across nation
- KHP needs help from public to identify hit-and-run suspect
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Kansas City police: Officer remains in critical condition