WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Great Bend couple is dead after a plane crash in New Mexico.
Richard Schenk and Anne Schenk died Sunday around 8:45 a.m.
Officials say Schenk was an experienced commercial rated pilot. He was chief executive officer of Community Bank of the Midwest in Great Bend.
Lt. Mike Woolley of Angel Fire Fire Department says the plane clipped the building of a restaurant and went down in a field.
Fire officials say there were high winds at the time. The NTSB and FAA are investigating the crash.
- “He took full advantage of his chance”: Former Wichita State players react to Isaac Brown’s promotion
- New health order drops curfew in Sedgwick County, bar owners react
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs found safe; dog walker expected to recover
- Hawley, Sanders push plans to rescue $15 minimum wage
- “She needs to address this”: Kansans demand Gov. Kelly speak at next unemployment protest