KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) – Hallmark Cards says it plans to close its home decor and gift products business by the end of the year.
The Kansas City-based company said Monday that Hallmark Home and Gifts will close because of changes in the retail industry.
KSHB-TV reports company spokesman Andy DiOrio said 60 employees will be affected by the closure. He said some will be offered a chance to apply for other Hallmark positions, while others will move to other parts of the company.
The company said in a statement that it will continue to offer gifts through its Retail and Hallmark Greetings businesses.
Hallmark Home and Gifts is one of the company’s six businesses.
- As pandemic continues, Ascension Via Christi focusing on mental health of its staff
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- Shockers Stampede Past Dixie State Saturday, 15-3
- Wichita woman organizes pop-up shop to provide free clothes to people in need
- McGuirl scores 17 as K-State holds off Iowa State 61-56