Hays fire likely caused by fireworks

Local

HAYS, Kan. (KSNW) – The Hays Fire Department responded to a fire Sunday night in the 300 block of West 37th Street.

When crews arrived, they found a small fire outside of an attached garage of a home. Firefighters used extinguishers to put out the fire. There were no injuries.

Firefighters said the probable cause was the improper disposal of fireworks debris.

The residents of the home reported they had been using fireworks during the evening. When finished, they brought the fireworks debris into the garage for disposal. Shortly after, they smelled smoke in the house and discovered a small fire burning in the garage.


Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories