KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) — Police in Kansas City, Kansas, say a hit-and-run crash involving three vehicles has left one driver dead and closed a bridge for hours.
Police say the crash happened around 7:30 a.m. Monday on the 7th Street Trafficway bridge.
Investigators say the crash happened when a speeding pickup truck cross the median and side-swiped car before crashing head-on with a white utility truck.
Police say the male driver of the car died at the scene, while a passenger in the car and the utility truck diver were uninjured.
Police say the driver of the pickup ran from the scene. Police have not announced an arrest.
- T.J.’s Forecast: More sunshine on tap today, along with warmer temps
- Northwest High finds a way to still honor fall senior athletes admist the pandemic
- ‘The need is great and the reward is worth it: Red Cross is asking for volunteers
- TikTok ban starts Sunday, users wonder what will happen next
- Wichita Open to include numerous precautions, no spectators allowed