HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – It’s National Adoption Day, and for one Hutchinson family, the holiday takes on a deeper meaning.
Jeremy Vanwey, a Reno County Sheriff’s deputy, and his wife, Maria DeAngelis, have been foster parents to five siblings since 2017. On Saturday, they officially adopted them.
DeAngelis says it was a long time coming.
“It’s definitely been quite a journey, and I do feel like this is closing one chapter,” said Maria DeAngelis. “There’s obviously some bittersweet just given the circumstances, but we do, we are very excited and like I said it’s a long time coming.”
The kids range in age from 1 to 6 years old.
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show