HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – Hutchinson police responded to a standoff Friday afternoon in a home near 2nd St. and Taylor in Hutchinson, where an armed subject has reportedly barricaded himself in a house.
Police were told a man was making suicidal comments and armed with a gun. Police negotiated with the man, and he surrendered peacefully several hours later. The man was taken to the hospital to be evaluated.
There were no reports of injuries.
- President Trump approves Kansas disaster declaration as Kansas COVID-19 cases top 319
- Retirement community gathers to sing ‘God Bless America’ while practicing social distancing
- Dollar General announces discount to medical, guardsmen and first responder communities
- Here’s how graduating and retired nurses can help fight COVID-19 in Texas
- Florida law enforcement agencies set up checkpoints at the Alabama-Florida border Saturday, but are not on every highway