WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Federal prosecutors say a Kansas man used social media to send a racist threat to a 15-year-old Black student.
A federal indictment made public Friday charges 20-year-old Gage H. Clausen of Cheney with one count of making a threat via interstate communications.
Clausen is accused of threatening a Derby High School student and using racist slurs via Snapchat that referred to the teenager as “a filthy farm animal.”
The U.S. attorney’s office says in a news release that if convicted, he could face up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.
- NASA’s new $23 million titanium space toilet ready to blast off for testing
- Kansas Board of Regents announces fall semester drops
- 5 arrested after stealing $16K in items from Wichita stores
- Spirit AeroSystems closing McAlester, Oklahoma facility and moving work to Tulsa and Wichita
- Topeka police announce arrest in 2017 killing