WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office said a 30-year-old Derby man is dead following a crash involving a motorcycle and Dodge pickup Sunday night. It happened near K-42 and Tyler around 9:30 p.m.
Both vehicles were eastbound on K-42 when the motorcycle hit the rear of the pickup. The impact caused the truck to lose control and roll into a ditch.
James C. Dunbar, the driver of the motorcycle, died a the scene. The driver of the pickup, 55-year-old Jerry N. Slay of Eureka, was pinned inside his truck. He was extricated and transported to the hospital for minor injuries.
The sheriff’s office said the crash is still under investigation.
- Chauvin trial: Defense set to start presenting its case
- Rose Hill teen undergoes groundbreaking spinal procedure
- 4-vehicle crash in Kansas kills 1 child, injures 3 others
- Armored transport worker accused of keeping 29 bags of cash, buying cars for family
- ‘It’d be my honor’: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson backs poll showing support for presidential run