WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office said a 30-year-old Derby man is dead following a crash involving a motorcycle and Dodge pickup Sunday night. It happened near K-42 and Tyler around 9:30 p.m.
Both vehicles were eastbound on K-42 when the motorcycle hit the rear of the pickup. The impact caused the truck to lose control and roll into a ditch.
James C. Dunbar, the driver of the motorcycle, died a the scene. The driver of the pickup, 55-year-old Jerry N. Slay of Eureka, was pinned inside his truck. He was extricated and transported to the hospital for minor injuries.
The sheriff’s office said the crash is still under investigation.
- Timeline for Trump incitement impeachment trial still uncertain
- Chiefs’ Mahomes cleared to play in AFC championship
- D-coordinators bring head coaching chops to NFL title games
- Speculation over Tokyo Olympics: 2021, 2032 or not at all?
- Hotel housekeeper took women’s panties from guests, left note with phone number, police say