ABILENE, Kan. (KSNW) – The historically iconic Brookville Hotel in Abilene announced they are closing their doors in a Facebook post on Thursday. The hotel is closing down after 125 years in business and owned by the Martin family.
In a Facebook post, the Martin family cited the COVID-19 pandemic as the reason for their closing.
“It is with a very heavy heart that we must announce that the Covid, and the lack of traffic has forced us to close. We hung on as long as we could, but the writing was on the wall. We would like to thank everyone for your patronage of the Brookville Hotel over the last 125 years that the Martin family has operated it.”
For more information on the historic Brookville Hotel, click here.
- Chiefs’ Travis Kelce wins Walter Payton Man of the Year fan challenge
- Photos: Trump baby protest blimp to live on in museum after president leaves office
- Wichita State’s Udeze nabs American Athletic Conference Player of the Week honors
- Wichita State releases Spring volleyball Schedule
- Defensores de Pacientes Oncológicos Priorizan la Ampliación de KanCare en la lucha contra el Cáncer