KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) — A federal judge in Kansas, who was publicly reprimanded for sexually harassing female employees and having an extramarital affair with an offender, has resigned. U.S. District Judge Carlos Murguia submitted his resignation letter Tuesday.
He said the resignation will be effective April 1. In his letter, Murguia, who is based in Kansas City, Kansas, said it has become clear that he could no longer serve effectively on the federal court.
He was reprimanded in September for his sexual improprieties, as well as for being habitually late to court proceedings and meetings.
He was appointed to the judgeship in 1999.
- Winterizing your home? Experts say now is the time to start preparing for winter season
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: Potential for blowing dust and hazardous driving conditions
- ‘Mask Up’ new campaign focuses on COVID-19 prevention
- Groundbreaking to be held today for new Northwest Water Treatment Facility
- Plot thickens over origins of pope’s civil union endorsement