OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) – A 13-year-old Kansas girl who was arrested for pointing a finger gun at classmates has been placed on a juvenile diversion program.
The Kansas City Star reports that the Overland Park girl, who was originally charged with felony threatening, was set to go before a judge on Tuesday, but the hearing was canceled.
A spokeswoman for the Johnson County District Attorney confirmed she is on diversion but provided no details.
The girl’s mother told The Star previously that she made the gun with her fingers after a boy asked who she would kill if she could kill five classmates.
- Dos hombres resultan lesionados tras tiroteo en Wichita
- 2 hurt in southwest Wichita shooting
- Taylor’s Forecast: Cooler temperatures and showers and storms today
- “We are heading in the right direction”: Unemployment rates in Sedgwick County drop to 10.9%
- Confirman la identidad de hombre desaparecido en el condado Butler