OKALOOSA COUNTY, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) – A plane carrying two Kansas men went down Sunday morning while trying to land at the Destin Airport.
Deputies were called to a home on Planet Drive in Destin.
Okaloosa County Sheriff’s officials say the small plane reportedly had engine problems. They say it hit a tree and became wedged.
Officials say Jason Dougherty, 47, and Caleb Dougherty, 22, their dog walked away unharmed. They say the father and son, from Kansas, were flying into the Destin area for vacation.
Officials say the plane just missed a home.
Both the Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board are handling the investigation.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Wintry and wet weather ramps up Wednesday
- Wichita State athletics director discusses basketball head coaching search
- Daycares preparing to allow for more school-age children
- Parents give tips for remote learning
- Kansas could have COVID-19 vaccine by mid-December, state likely to get more than 23,000 doses