BARBER COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – Governor Laura Kelly issued a disaster declaration for Wednesday for a wildfire in Barber County.
The fire ignited southwest of Medicine Lodge along the Oklahoma state line. It took firefighters from 11 agencies, two Black Hawk helicopters from the Kansas National Guard to battle the fire.
Barber County officials tell KSN News that there have been no reports of damage to homes or buildings and that they expect to get an estimate of burned acres Thursday.
- Age is not the only risk for severe coronavirus disease
- Dr. Fauci warns U.S. could see over 100,000 deaths
- New York man refuses to let son back in house after spring break trip amid coronavirus outbreak
- Treasury Secretary says many will get stimulus check within 3 weeks
- Grandma is gone: Coronavirus keeps kids from older family