TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) – Authorities say a Kansas woman was killed when her sport utility vehicle overturned onto its top in a creek.
The Kansas Highway Patrol identified the victim as 76-year-old Susan Lenoir, of Topeka. The patrol says she went off the side of U.S. 75 on Tuesday about a half-mile south of Interstate 35 in Topeka.
Her SUV then struck a road sign before going into Soldier’s Creek, where it flipped upside down and was submerged in water.
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show