TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) – Authorities say a Kansas woman was killed when her sport utility vehicle overturned onto its top in a creek.
The Kansas Highway Patrol identified the victim as 76-year-old Susan Lenoir, of Topeka. The patrol says she went off the side of U.S. 75 on Tuesday about a half-mile south of Interstate 35 in Topeka.
Her SUV then struck a road sign before going into Soldier’s Creek, where it flipped upside down and was submerged in water.
- That Golden Girls Show: A Puppet Parody Ticket Giveaway Winners
- Sentencing hearing set in Atchison Clean Air Act case
- Veteran artists hoping for big turnout at VA art show on Friday
- Missouri parents devastated at loss of both their children in head-on crash
- Taylor’s Forecast: Brief showers today, calm and comfortable this weekend