FORD COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – A Kansas woman in her 50s has died after a crash near Richland.
It happened Friday around 2:24 p.m. near U.S. 56 and McArtor Road in Ford County.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says the woman was eastbound on U.S. 56 driving her Kia when her vehicle went left of the center for unknown reasons.
The woman, identified as 52-year-old Tammy Carter of Ensign, Kansas, collided head-on with a semi-truck traveling in the westbound lane.
Carter died at the scene. Her next of kin have been notified.
The other driver suffered no apparent injury.
- Hundreds gather together for candlelight vigil at WSU
- Kingman County crash claims life of Cheney man
- White Coats For Black Lives: Local healthcare workers kneel to end racial inequality
- Biden formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- Hutch PD concerned about safety, ask organizers to cancel demonstration planned for Saturday