SALINA, Kan. (KSNW) – Authorities have identified a man who was fatally shot by police at a Salina home where his step-grandmother was stabbed to death. It happened Wednesday in the 2000 block of Harold Avenue.
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation says 28-year-old Jeremy Connolly was killed Wednesday after a 911 caller reported that someone was injured or dead inside a Salina home. Officers found blood on the porch and 71-year-old Linda Kromer stabbed to death on the first floor of the home.
The KBI says Connolly was barricaded inside a basement bedroom. The KBI says he refused repeated commands to drop a knife, and when he advanced toward officers with the knife, two Salina police officers shot him.
He died at a hospital. No officers were hurt. The KBI is investigating the shooting.
LOCATION OF OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING
ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- White House fears resurgence of pandemic after protests
- More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests
- Obama steps out as nation confronts confluence of crises
- Video shows Chicago police officer placing knee on woman’s neck in mall parking lot
- Protests more subdued after new charges in Floyd case