WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Kansas Highway Patrol is looking for a silver pickup truck that nearly seriously injured a motorcyclist and his passenger over July 4th weekend.
KHP needs help from the public identifying the driver of a silver pickup that exited northbound I-135 to the US-54 ramp around 2:35 p.m. Saturday when, for an unknown reason, the driver of the pickup slammed on the brakes causing a 57-year-old driver of a motorcycle and his teenage passenger to make an evasive maneuver causing them to lay over the motorcycle.
Both occupants on the motorcycle were ejected and the motorcycle came to rest on the outside of the shoulder. Both the motorcycle driver and passenger sustained suspected minor injuries.
If you were a witness to the accident contact Kansas Highway Patrol at (316) 744-0451.
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- From dynamite to beef stick: Greensburg rescue crew respond to emergency call
- Sedgwick County turns to the state for help with contact tracing