PRATT, Kan. (KSNW) – Two people died in a crash on U.S. 54 about one mile east of Pratt Monday morning.
The Kansas Highway Patrol (KHP) says a car was trying to overtake two westbound semis in a no-passing zone when the car crashed head-on with an eastbound semi.
Two passengers in the car died. The KHP identified the victims as Elizabeth Jean Glenn, 60, and Jayden Marie Swavely, 16, of St. Louis. The 42-year-old woman driving the car was taken to the Pratt hospital with potentially serious injuries. She is also from St. Louis.
A 54-year-old Dodge City man was driving the truck. He does not have any apparent injuries.
- NASA’s new $23 million titanium space toilet ready to blast off for testing
- Kansas Board of Regents announces fall semester drops
- 5 arrested after stealing $16K in items from Wichita stores
- Spirit AeroSystems closing McAlester, Oklahoma facility and moving work to Tulsa and Wichita
- Topeka police announce arrest in 2017 killing