KINGMAN, Kan. (KSNW) – The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) has rescinded Do Not Drink Orders for the City of Kingman and Kingman Co RWD No 1, located in Kingman County.
KDHE officials issued the orders because secondary water sources known to be high in nitrate were activated to meet water usage demands.
Public water suppliers in Kansas take all measures necessary to notify customers quickly after a system failure or shutdown.
The secondary source is no longer in use and all other conditions that placed the system at risk of contamination are deemed by KDHE officials to be resolved.
For consumer questions, please contact the water system or you may call KDHE at 785-296-5514. For
consumer information please visit KDHE’s PWS Consumer Information webpage.
- VIDEO: Louisiana woman says ‘God was definitely with us’ during lightning strike
- Clear the Shelters: Actor Dennis Quaid adopts cat named Dennis Quaid
- Wichita State to receive more than $8M in coronavirus relief
- Stephenie Meyer says more ‘Twilight’ books are planned
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog