KIT CARSON, Colo. (KSNW) – Eight people, including a man from Liberal, are dead following a two-vehicle crash on Highway 40 in eastern Colorado. The crash happened between Kit Carson and Hugo around 4:30 p.m. on Friday.
The Colorado State Patrol said a white Ford F-150 towing a boat was traveling westbound on Highway 40. While passing, the driver moved into the eastbound lanes to try to pass a semi. Meanwhile, a green Chevrolet Silverado was traveling eastbound.
“The Ford did not move back to the westbound lanes and collided head-on with the Chevrolet,” CSP said in a press release.
Shortly after the crash, the Ford became engulfed in flames. All eight people in both vehicles died from injuries in the crash.
- Jian Zhong, 45, from Aurora, CO (driver)
- Cathy Zhong, 45, Aurora, CO
- Myoli Zhong, 9, Aurora, CO
- Ren Juntan, 53, Centennial, CO
- Sammy Henry, 59, Liberal, KS (driver)
- Joshua Henry, 36, Sterling, CO
- Messiah Henry
- Maki Henry, 8
- Sedgwick County commissioners will hold special meetings today to discuss masks and business safety practices
- Alabama students hold COVID-19 parties with prize for first sick person
- Police make arrest in Monday stabbing that left man in critical condition
- Wichita to get Amazon distribution center, 100+ jobs
- Second stimulus: Mnuchin says White House will ‘seriously consider’ more payments